Valorant is a household name in the FPS gaming market and the global eSports gaming stage in 2022. Despite releasing in June 2020, it quickly rose to immense success based on its gameplay and timely game updates. It has millions of global downloads every month, so why not give the Download Valorant PC Game a go!
Valorant is a free-to-play 5v5 agent-based tactical FPS shooter featuring matching gameplay style with Overwatch and Counter-Strike Global Offensive.
Players can compete in the Valorant game in two teams of five as Attackers and Defenders to attain asymmetrical win scenarios across different Valroant maps.
Currently, Valorant for Windows PC Download is the only way to officially own the game. But, it has gained a vast community, with nearly a million active players per day. Valorant Servers have reported combined total traffic of at least 16 million users regularly playing the game each month since after its beta launch.
In addition to this, Valorant has already successfully completed its First Annual VCT Champions event in Berlin, besides hosting several VCT or Valorant Challengers Tournaments globally. The brackets of the Valorant eSports games see the best teams from each region compete against others to win hundreds of thousands of dollars and a chance to qualify for the VCT finals.
The VCT Champions Event 2022 will take place in Berlin in September 2022.
Witnessing the game’s immense success and noteworthy pro eSports players joining the roster of pro Valorant teams, Valorant continues to grow across global regions.
But before you learn how to download valorant on PC to get started with your first Valorant Game, see what it is!
Valorant Download PC Game Overview
Valorant offers players multiple game modes to play where players can engage in combat for different win conditions.
Currently, there are Seven Valorant Game Modes, namely Unrated, Competitive, Deathmatch, Spike Rush, Escalation, Replication and Snowball Fight.
The players will alternatively spawn as defenders or attackers per 12 rounds for the Unrated and Competitive game modes. Initially, they will also spawn with an equal in-game economy that they can use to purchase weapons or valorant agent abilities.
As the game progresses with each round, the economy will then be distributed to the respective teams based on their win or lose condition and their kill(s). Lastly, the first team to win 13 rounds in a match will win, unless in Overtime rounds, where securing two wins over your opponents confirms your victory!
There are Seventeen Valorant Agents, each possessing Four Unique Abilities and One Ultimate Ability.
The roles of these Valroant Agents are divided into four classes based on their abilities-kit: Duelists, Initiators, Controllers, and Sentinels.
Read More: Valorant Minimap Settings
Valorant Download PC System Requirements
One of the best things about Valorant is that it’s not as graphically demanding as most AAA game titles. You can run Valorant on Mac M1 machines and even on old computers with inbuilt graphics! Hence, you can easily play Valorant PC on your system when it matches these system requirements:
Basic Valorant System Requirements
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10 or higher (64-bit)|
System Requirements for +30 FPS
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 or Higher|
|GPU||Intel HD 4000, Radeon R5 200 or Equivalent|
System Requirements for +60 FPS
|CPU||Intel i3-4150 or Higher|
|GPU||Geforce GT 730 or Radeon R7 240 or Equivalent|
System Requirements for +144 FPS
|CPU||Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz or Higher|
|GPU||Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti or Radeon R7 370 Equivalent|
Steps on How to Download Valorant on PC
If your system matches or exceeds the minimum requirements, you can now proceed to download valorant PC, which essentially needs you to complete two major steps.
- Creating a Valorant Riot ID
- Installing Valorant on your system
→ Create Valorant Riot ID
Step 1: Making Official Valorant ID
- Visit the Official Valorant Page at https://playvalorant.com
- Click on the Play Now button visible on the top right side of the page.
- A dialogue box will appear presenting you with two options:
- Sign In if you have a Riot Account
- Make One If you don’t have a Riot Account.
- Click on the Make One button to start Start making your Valorant ID!
Note: If you already have a Valorant Riot ID, click on Sign In and skip to the steps given under Install Valorant PC Game.
- Let’s begin you with creating a New Riot ID.
- Please Click on Make One to Sign Up for a Riot Account.
- Please provide your Email Address to proceed to the next screen, where you would be asked to submit the following details
- Your Birth Date
- Riot Account Username
- Captcha Code
Your Riot ID Sign Up process will be complete, and you will be automatically redirected to the Download Valorant PC page.
Step 2: Download Valorant Game Client
- Click on the Download button visible below, then click on Save File when your windows system asks you the confirmation. Providing it will allow your system to initiate the download.
- You can also use the provided Download Valorant PC button given below to get the Valorant Download Client.
- After the download is complete, You should now have Valorant Game Client Downloaded on your computer.
→ Install Valorant PC Game
Step 3: Install Valorant on PC
- Please navigate to the file location of the downloaded InstallVALORANT.exe game client.
- Double-click on the VALORANT.exe client to initialize the setup.
- Click on Run if prompted by your Windows UAC settings, then click on Yes.
- On the next screen, click on the Install button or click on Advanced to change the storage path of Valorant on your computer.
- The Valorant Game Client should now begin downloading the required Valorant Game files on the local storage device of your Windows system.
- You can wait for the download to finish before entering your user details, which will be required to initiate your game session.
- Enter Your Riot ID details under the Sign in button to connect to your Riot Account. Don’t forget to click Sign In after!
After you enter your Riot ID and Password, you will be greeted with the following screen:
Read More: How To Verify Valorant Game Files?
Once the Valorant game client has finished Download Valorant on PC process, click on the Play button.
- After the initial screen, the game should display you an error message reading Vanguard Not Initialized.
- Here, click on Reboot Computer to restart your PC. (Close all programs before clicking it!)
Note: It is essential to initialize Vanguard because it loads a secure game server connection to prevent cheating in Valorant!
→ Play Valorant!
- After the restart, launch VALORANT.exe from your desktop and Pick a Unique Valorant Game ID on the first screen.
- It will be your Valorant Display Name, which you can modify later by visiting this page for a Step by Step Process To Change Valorant Display Name!
- You should now arrive on the Valorant Home screen, where you can click on the Play button at the top to access different game modes.
- Click on the Play button at the centre on the top area of your screen to access available Valorant Game modes.
- Pick your chosen game mode from the horizontal bar, and then click on the START button at the bottom to join the queue.
- After you’ve successfully found a match, the game system will use a voiceover stating MATCH FOUND, which will also be visible on your screen.
- You will be assigned a map at random, so pick your desired Valorant Agent at the Agent Select Screen. Don’t forget to click SELECT!
- The Valorant Game will now initialize the match-round, and you can check out Valorant Player Banners while it does that.
- You should soon be on the assigned Valorant Map. So get your Valorant Weapons within the Buy Round and Enjoy your Valorant game!
Also Read: How To Download & Play Valorant For Mac
Yes, Valorant is a free-to-play tactical shooter FPS game designed by Riot Games Inc. You can unlock All Valorant Agents by gaining XP, which only requires playing the game. There are Seven Valorant Maps and Seventeen Valorant Agents to date.
It is possible to Play Valorant on Mac, but the game does not feature native support. It is because Valorant PC game is officially exclusive to the Windows Operating systems. But, you can check out our guide to learning to Install Valorant on Mac!
The complete Valorant Storage size is approximately 19.2 GB, including all the Maps and game content. On average, A Valorant Game Match lasts for 45 minutes, without the Overtime scenario, which can additionally last up to 20 minutes.
Valorant Store offers exciting discounts on Valorant Gun Bundles and featured Valorant skins. You can use the Valorant Store to get Valorant Gun Skins or get the Valorant Battepass to get rewarded for extra XP you can score!