Valorant is a 5v5 tactical FPS shooter where attackers and defenders compete to win the game by successfully detonating or defusing the spike. Alternatively, whichever team is the first to kill all the enemies from the opposite team wins the round, thus also making it an asymmetrical tactical First Person Shooter. It’s available for Windows PC but do you want to play Valorant on Mac?
To get started with installing Valorant on Mac, you’ll need to follow the below-mentioned steps before you can become a Radiant Valorant Mac Player.
Download Valorant For Mac
Users seeking ways to achieve the valorant mac download need to understand that installing it on Mac systems requires completing additional procedures even if their system meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements. Without completing the particular process, the valorant game simply won’t run on their macOS.
It is so because the Valorant game uses specific software to ensure anti-cheat measures in the game called Vanguard. It is kernel-based, meaning that it runs on the system level and prevents tampering of game files while also being vigilant of any apps running parallel to the game that tries to modify its behavior.
For these reasons, simply installing Valorant for Mac won’t suffice. But, we can help you install Valorant on Mac using two methods that can successfully run the Valorant Mac game. After following either of the mentioned procedures, you can start making the famous Cutch and Ace moments achieved by pro Valorant players and Valorant streamers by eliminating their opponents.
System Requirements For Valorant
Basic Valorant System Requirements
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10 or higher (64-bit)|
System Requirements for +30 FPS
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 or equivalent|
|GPU||Intel HD 4000 or equivalent|
System Requirements for +60 FPS
|CPU||Intel i3-4150 or equivalent|
|GPU||Geforce GT 730 or equivalent|
System Requirements for +144 FPS
|CPU||Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent|
|GPU||Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti or equivalent|
Download Valorant Mac Using Parallel
With the basic system requirements out of the way, let’s learn which devices can use Parallel to install the Valorant game on Mac systems.
|iMac Pro 2017|
|MacBook Air M1|
|Mac Mini M1|
|MacBook Pro M1|
The list is limited because several users have reported that many previous mac devices cannot successfully install or play the valorant game. In such scenarios, users are requested to read the alternative valorant download method using the Bootcamp application mentioned after the steps given below.
Steps To Install Valorant Mac via Parallels
Step 1: Download Parallels Desktop on Your Mac Device
- Click on Download button below and save the file in your system directory, to which you can easily navigate or download it from the app store using this link.
Step 2: Install Parallels Desktop on Your Mac Device
- When you have obtained Parallels Desktop from the app store, it should be already installed on your system in a few moments, or you can double click on the downloaded Parallels Desktop file to begin its installation.
- Allow the application permission to continue the installation by clicking on the Open button if prompted.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen of your mac device to complete the installation.
Step 3: Download and Install Windows on Mac using Parallels Desktop.
- Visit this link to obtain a valid copy of Windows 7/10 Home or purchase it directly from the Microsoft website.
- Burn Windows OS on a USB stick using Rufus software to create a bootable flash drive.
- Launch Parallels Desktop Application on your Mac.
- Under the Create New section, Click on Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file.
- Click on the choose manually button if your Windows OS image file isn’t listed to select your plugged-in flash drive containing Windows OS image and click Continue.
- Enter the Windows License Key in the next screen or disable the checkbox shown before it to register your Windows OS later to Continue.
- Under the section reading, I will primarily use Windows for, select Games Only and click on Continue.
- Parallels Desktop should now begin the installation of Windows system files, upon the completion of which you will be prompted to choose the Windows Operating system from the popup Control Center.
- It could take a few minutes for Windows 7/10 to launch successfully for the first time, so please be patient until the OS launches normally.
- Soon, you should now be able to view the familiar and classic Windows 7/10 desktop on your mac device.
Step 4: Download, Install & Play Valorant on Mac via Parallels Desktop
- From your Windows 7 running on Mac using Parallels Desktop, click below button to download the Valorant game client. (You can also download it via the official website)
- Run the downloaded game client by double-clicking on the Install VALORANT.exe file.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your screen to initialize the Valorant installation.
- The Valorant client will soon begin downloading Valorant Game Resource files on your Windows operating system running on Mac via the Parallels Desktop app.
- After the installation is complete, navigate to the desktop screen of Windows 7 on your Mac system and right-click on the Valorant.exe icon to select Run as Administrator.
- Your Valorant game should now be running as intended when it displays a screen message asking to restart your Windows computer. There is no need to worry here, as it is displayed to restart windows to initialize the Vanguard anti-cheat software.
- Restart your Windows computer from the Parallels Desktop control center and rerun the Valorant.exe using the procedure mentioned above.
- You should now be able to pick a game name if you haven’t played before, or you will land on the home screen of the Valorant game.
- Enjoy your Valorant Game on Mac!
Note: It is possible to face difficulties on newer Mac versions or devices while installing the game using Parallels Desktop. However, several users have also reported that you can install it correctly on more recent versions of Mac using this method.
Download Valorant on Mac Using BootCamp
Anyone who can’t wait to play the valorant on Mac can utilize the Bootcamp application to install and play Valorant on their older and newer mac devices.
|Required Mac Models:|
|MacBook Air 2012|
|MacBook Pro 2012|
|Mac Mini 2012|
|MacBook Pro 2013|
|iMac Pro 2013|
|MacBook Pro 2015|
Ensure that your Mac Systems meet the following basic requirements to run the Bootcamp application correctly:
- Your Mac should have an Intel Processor
- Your HDD should have 40 GB of free space.
- A USB drive containing Windows 10 Home or Pro OS
- The latest version of macOS
- The latest version of Bootcamp
Steps to Install Valorant Mac via Bootcamp
Step 1: Installing Windows 10 on Mac via Bootcamp
- Run Bootcamp and click on the Choose option next to the ISO Image button to select your plugged-in USB flash drive.
- Please create a new partition out of the free space on your HDD so you can install Windows on it.
- Continue installing Windows 10 on your Mac using the instructions on your screen, including choosing the empty partition to install Windows in it.
- Allow the Bootcamp to complete Windows installation on your system.
- After a successful installation, you can now switch to the Windows OS anytime using the Alt button on your keyboard.
Step 2: Installing Valorant on Mac using Windows 10 via Bootcamp
- Visit the official website of Valorant and click on the Play Now button, followed by signing up or logging in using your existing valorant/riot games account.
- After being redirected to the download page of Valorant client, click on the Save File button to save the game client on your computer’s local storage.
- Run the Valorant game client by double-clicking on the Install VALORANT.exe file. Now, click on Run when prompted, followed by selecting Yes to the next displayed message.
- Click on Install in the next window.
- You can now see the Valorant download progress on your screen of Windows 10 running on Bootcamp from your Mac device.
- Log in to the game client using your Valorant/Riot Games account and launch the game by clicking on PLAY after the download completes.
- You will be greeted with the Valorant Act Screen, accompanying a message box stating Vanguard Not Initialized. Simply click on the Reboot Computer option to restart your Windows 10 OS.
- You can run the game from the desktop of installed Windows 10 on your Mac device by double-clicking on the Valorant.exe shortcut.
- Enjoy Playing Valorant on your Mac!
Read More: How To Verify Valorant Game File?
Using these steps, you can now play Valorant on Mac system apple devices.
Read More: How to play valorant on fullscreen?