You’ll need to tweak some valorant game settings when you have recently switched to a new monitor with a different aspect ratio. You may be able to Play Valorant Fullscreen by default after your game loads, but if it doesn’t, we got you covered.
Before you skip to the section of Play Valorant Fullscreen on PC, it’ll be wise to learn a few secrets of pro Valorant players and some lesser-known truths regarding FPS Gaming & Screen Resolution.
Play Valorant Fullscreen – 16:10 or 16:9 or 4:3?
Whether you’re an unrated Valorant player, a silver rank player with great emotional distress, or even a streamer who plays valorant, your gaming setup may differ vastly. At the same time, it’s also possible for each three of you to possibly have the same screen resolution.
However, it’s also true that the game resolutions used by each three of you can ideally differ from the 13 million other monthly valorant players. So who plays at which display resolution?
Play Valorant Fullscreen 16:10 – QHD
Gamers that play Valorant Fullscreen on a 16:10 screen resolution are either content creators or have recently upgraded their gaming setup. The Quad-HD resolution is currently the golden standard for gaming as it presents a 2K display resolution, which is ideal for all recent AAA games.
However, this resolution might create some stretching issues, especially when broadcasting the game in a different screen resolution, like 1080p60. But, comparatively, you can broadcast on 936p60 resolution while gaming on 2K display resolution, and you can still have a near equally perfect stream output minus the excess of resources.
Two well-known professional FPS players in the Valorant eSports scene who use this resolution are Shroud, Hiko, etc.
Play Valorant Fullscreen 16:9 – FHD
Arguably, anyone wanting to Play Valorant Fullscreen will have the best gaming experience while using this screen resolution. The game is developed with the player base in mind who have spent over a decade using the 16:9 screen resolution in their daily lives for work, studies, and of course – gaming.
Counter-Strike, the apparent decades-old King of FPS game titles, also adopted this screen resolution several years ago. Nobody would disagree on how fantastic it appears and feels while playing on a 16:9 aspect ratio. It is the most used screen resolution of over 70% of global pro Valorant players.
Play Valorant Fullscreen 4:3 – HD?
Contrary to the knowledge of most people, the 4:3 ratio represents the resolution of 1280×962. It is vertically taller than the now-standard 16:9 widescreen ratio. Most professional FPS players still play games on this Aspect Ratio, as it’s considered perfect for several reasons.
For instance, the greater verticality and the horizontal draw distance can be easier to grasp while focusing on the game instead of checking wide angles with comparatively frequent eye movement.
Some professional players who often Play Valorant Fullscreen at this resolution include Skadoodle, Brax, etc.
Also Read: Valorant Minimap Settings – Radiant & Pro Guide!
Play Valorant Fullscreen on Mac & PC
There are a couple of ways by which you can Play Valorant Fullscreen on Mac and PC.
Operating System Resolution
- Whether you’re using a Mac system or a Windows system, you’ll need to open your system’s display/screen resolution settings.
- Now, change your display resolution to the desired screen ratio of your choice for playing valorant.
- Click on the Apply/OK option and save your changes.
- Now, Launch the Valorant game using its dedicated shortcut on your desktop.
Playing Valorant Fullscreen on a 16:9 ratio is possible even with a 16:10 monitor or system resolution. Similarly, a player with a 1920×1080 monitor can also play the game at a 4:3 screen ratio (with black bars on sides).
- Launch the game.
- On the home screen of the game, press Esc or click on the Settings icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings option and navigate horizontally to locate the Video sub-section. Click on it.
- Under Display Mode, you can pick between
- Windowed Fullscreen
- Within the resolution options, select your preferred Valorant Game resolution.
Note: Based on the game resolution you may pick, your Display settings may automatically change from Fullscreen to Windowed Fullscreen or from Letterbox to Fill.
- Locate the ‘GameUserSettings.ini’ file in your Valorant or Riot Games directory on your installation drive (C:)
- Right Click on it and use Open With, then deselect the ‘always open..‘ check box and choose Notepad before clicking on OK.
- Please scroll down or look up the values for resolution or display and modify them to your desired valorant fullscreen settings.
- Save the file and launch the game using the Valorant.EXE shortcut.
Note: Manipulating Game Files can result in your Valorant/Riot Games account being banned indefinitely. We recommend that you do not make any changes to your Valorant System Files.
Read More: How To Verify Valorant Game Files – Guide!