Running into Valorant game errors during a mid-game round can be infuriating. Similarly, it can feel discouraging to face the Valorant Windows 11 Error when you’ve freshly updated your system OS. Valorant users have been getting such errors a little too often after a Valorant Update. However, largely it’s not always that the game’s servers are at fault.
Valorant Error 1067, Valorant Error 9001, and others may greet you upon running the Valorant game client on Windows 11. These errors usually arise due to incompatibility issues or game file functionality issues with Windows 11 operating system. So, let’s learn how to eliminate such Valorant Windows 11 Error instances.
Valorant Windows 11 Error Fix Guide
Each Valorant Error presents you with a specific code that you can look up to fix your problem. Such codes are many and can be categorized into different problematic aspects like launch, connectivity, compatibility, etc.
These fixes should work for you for situations that may report you with a particular Valorant Windows 11 Error.
Fix Valorant Error 1067
Windows 11 demands special requirements that need to be in place before installing it on compatible machines. Those requirements include possessing a TPM 2.0 enabled computer system and having Secure Boot enabled, among other things.
Therefore, to fix Valorant Error 1067, you need to perform the following steps:
- Check if your system has TPM 2.0 Enabled
- Press Windows Key & R key to open the Run window.
- Input tpm.msc in the text field area and press the Enter key.
- If your system supports the TPM 2.0 version (Visible under TPM Manufacturer Information), check Secure Boot.
- If you have a TPM version less than 2.0, you may need to reinstall Windows 10 and run Valorant.
- Check if your system has Secure Boot Enabled
- Login to your BIOS settings and Enable the Secure Boot option.
- If you cannot enable it for some reason, reinstall Windows 10 and run Valorant on it.
- Select UEFI as your Windows 11 OS interface type
- Access your system’s BIOS settings and replace Other OS with UEFI interface.
Restart your computer after following any of these steps and relaunch the Valorant game client. If you are now facing a different Valorant Error, please continue reading below for fixes.
Fix Valorant Error 9001
The Val 9001 Error is caused by an incompatibility between the OS and the Valorant Game Client. Even when the Riot Vanguard has initialized perfectly upon system boot, such cases will prevent successful Valorant Game Client launch. It can be shown when the TPM 2.0 version is missing or Secure boot is disabled.
Otherwise, it usually happens when you’re running a different Windows 11 build offered within the Windows Insider Program.
Note: Windows 11 users running a Dev Channel or Beta Channel Build won’t be able to run the Valorant Game.
Here’s how to Fix Valorant 9001 Error:
- Enable Secure Boot and check for the TPM 2.0 version using the steps provided above.
- Switch to a different Windows 11 build, preferably select the Release Preview Channel.
- Check your Internet or firewall settings that may prevent the Valorant game client from establishing a secure connection.
Other Valorant Windows 11 Error Messages
Often, it is also possible to get network connectivity Valorant errors even when everything is in order. Such instances are caused by application conflicts or system settings conflicts that inhibit the Valorant Game Client.
Thus, performing the following actions may eliminate the Network Connectivity Valorant Windows 11 Errors.
- Close the Discord Application running in the Background.
- Install the latest version of Windows 11 system updates.
- Reset the BIOS settings to Default.
Fixing Valorant FPS drop Windows 11
Users have also reported FPS drops in games beyond seeing the Valorant Error 1067 and Val 9001 Error. Since Windows 11 release is barely a month older, Windows is expected to face some performance issues. A few weeks ago, an official report confirmed that AMD systems might see up to 30 FPS drops.
So, here’s how you fix the Valorant FPS Drop Windows 11 problems.
Missing or Old Graphics Drivers
- Update your Graphics Cards or Dedicated Graphics Drivers manually or via Windows Update.
- Re-install the Graphics Management Software.
- Remove any additional Graphics Management Software that is non-official.
- Rollback the Graphics Drivers to the Recommended Version instead of the Option version.
High Mouse Polling
After correcting the Valorant Error 9001 & updating graphics drivers, perform the following actions if you still have significant FPS drops.
- Run VALORANT.EXE.
- Access Settings > General settings tab > Mouse Settings.
- Enable or Turn ON the [Beta] RawInputBuffer setting.
- Restart Valorant Game.
Disable Game DVR feature
- Access the Xbox App pre-installed on your Windows 11 OS.
- Disable the Game Capture Option.
- Run Valorant in ‘High Performance’ mode.
- Open Windows Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Graphics > Add an App.
- Click Browse and add VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe.
- Found at (C:\Riot Games\VALORANT\live\Engine\Binaries\Win64)
- Options > Select the High Performance Radio Button > Save.
These fixes should work for users facing significant FPS drops or any Valorant Windows 11 Error like Valorant Error 9001. When you are still unable to run Valorant, please write to the Valorant Support Team via Official channels. Happy Gaming!